Poly is a ground-breaking portable music streamer, the first of its kind in the world. When partnered with the Mojo DAC, it enables music streamed from a range of wirelessly connected devices to be enjoyed in the best possible sound quality, whether at home or on the go. Poly is also a music player: its unlimited-capacity Micro SD card slot can house huge libraries and liberate storage on smart devices. Full smartphone control using everyday apps enables effortless music playback whether streaming or playing music from the Micro SD.
Poly directly connects to Mojo’s award-winning audio processing (DAC) technology dramatically improving the audio quality of streamed music. Its advanced design enables everyday devices, including Android and Apple smartphones/tablets, to become portable ‘hi-fi-quality’ digital audio players: the smartphone becomes the controller, with Poly and Mojo doing the high-level audio processing. Poly can also be used with computers and 1 laptop, plus it can access networked audio stored on NAS drives using popular DLNA apps. Playback is via Mojo’s twin headphone outputs, plus home and in-car audio systems with auxiliary (AUX) inputs can also benefit from the improved sound quality.
Poly connects to Wi-Fi networks, including mobile hotspots when on the go, and remembers multiple networks with its auto-connect functionality. It also benefits from Bluetooth 4.1, AirPlay, and DLNA connectivity, offering uninterrupted music streaming when transitioning from indoors to outdoors. Poly also features its own hotspot mode, enabling a connection where devices, networks, or countries do not facilitate tethering. Its rechargeable LiPo batteries offer up to nine hours of playback from a four-hour charge using the device’s fast
charging USB circuit; both Poly and Mojo can be charged simultaneously.
Smartphones now become hi-fi-quality digital audio players
Combined with Mojo, Poly removes the need for expensive digital audio players (DAPs) thanks to its high-resolution music streaming, award-winning digital audio processing technology, and unlimited-capacity Micro SD card slot. By storing music libraries directly within Poly, precious smartphone/device storage space can be instantly liberated.
Poly is high-resolution audio-compatible, with support for the latest studio-quality files; PCM data up to 768kHz resolution and DSD64 to DSD256 (Quad-DSD). Supported file types include ACC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, OGG VORBIS, ALAC, WMA, and MP3.
Poly offers over-the-air updates, keeping the unit up-to-date with the latest firmware. Future updates will include Native Spotify and Tidal integration and a forthcoming Poly app, GoFigure, will assist with initial network set-up and device configuration settings.
Like Mojo, Poly proudly uses British design and technology and is also made in Britain. It’s precision CNC-machined from solid aluminum billet with black anodization and laser-ablated logos. A high-quality Mojo/Poly protective leather case is available separately.
Features and specifications:
- Materials: Precision-machined aluminum casing with black anodization, opaque black wireless signal window, and silicone feet (protective leather case available) • Battery: Rechargeable LiPo (Lithium Polymer) 2200mAh; play time: 9+ hours • Charging: Sub-four hours, 2-amp Micro USB input. Both Mojo and Poly can be simultaneously charged via Poly’s fast-charging Micro USB circuit
- Connectivity types: Bluetooth 4.1 and Wi-Fi 2.4GHz (for optimum stability)
- Storage: Micro SD unlimited maximum capacity, playback using MPD/DLNA apps plus SD playback over Bluetooth if Wi-Fi is absent
- Playback support: DNLA, AirPlay, and Bluetooth 4.1
- Files supported: all major file types including ACC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, OGG VORBIS, ALAC, WMA, and MP3
- PCM sample rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz, 358.8kHz, 384kHz,717.6kHz and 768kHz
- DSD via DoP sample rates: DSD64 – DSD256 (Quad-DSD); DSD from SD card • Devices supported iPhone, iPad, Android phones/tablets, Windows and Mac OS X computers and DAPs (Astell & Kern, etc)
- Dimensions: 50mm (L) x 62mm (W) x 22mm (H)
- Over-the-air software updates
- Hotspot mode: Poly can create its own hotspot where networks/devices/countries don’t support tethering
- Integrated Access Point: allows configuration of connected networks (up to 32) • Bit-perfect audio
- DLNA server and renderer (SD card); SMB Server (SD card); MPD player (SD Card)
Price and availability
Poly is available in the Philippine market shortly after the November 9th launch event through A. The refinery, Beyond Innovations, and its dealers. Poly Php 34,990; Mojo Php 27,990; Poly/Mojo leather case Php 4,995
About Chord Electronics Ltd
Chord Electronics Ltd is a world-leading manufacturer of high-performance hi-fi and audio products. Since 1989, from its spectacular riverside base in Kent, England, Chord Electronics has been creating some of the planet’s finest hi-fi, home cinema, and professional audio equipment. A technology-driven innovator, Chord Electronics continues to deliver excellence through exemplary audio engineering, cutting-edge design, and a true aesthetic understanding.
Chord Electronics is trusted and admired internationally and its global customer base includes Abbey Road Studios (London), Sony Music Studios (New York), and Skywalker Sound (California). For an extensive client list and more information on the full Chord Electronics range, please visit www.chordelectronics.co.uk